Tuesday, May 14, 2013

11 years

Eleven years ago today I started dating my fiancee Bahamute. We were 15, Freshmen, and fresh out of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. He was a Eunuch and I was a Courtesan. So, love at first sight.

Lust at first sight, actually. He looked like this:

(The one in the middle with the pointy ears. I'm on the side, in orange)

And my only thought was 'Who's the cute guy with the long black hair?' Back in those days he dyed it. 
His actual hair color is dark brown, so when he grew it out a few years back it was no big change. He loved me when I went Platinum blond for Ulla, so who was I to complain?

                                    
But I digress.

Eleven years. We've been engaged since February, and the most common comment after congrats is "It's about time!"

We've never been an on again off again couple. We've had fights of course, but not going to the same high-school and only seeing each other every three days or so for several years helped immensely. We've admitted: we were annoying in high-school. But by only annoying each other every few days, we stuck it out. Now we're living together (over 2 years), planning our wedding, and still going strong. Maybe absence does make the heart grow fonder

In any case, I'm planning my wedding, going to The Motor City Comic Con on Saturday for our anniversary date, and hanging out with Bahamute's brother and his boyfriend tonight for dinner. Because, as Bahamute says, "We're happening people."

I love that man so much.

In case you were wondering, here's a current pic. And yes, that wolf is real. SO EPIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment