Monday, May 13, 2013

Cabin in the Woods : Hell yeah!

If you haven't seen the movie STOP READING THIS. Right now. I'll wait.
I will not wait this long.

Everybody not in the know gone? Good. Take a deep breath, guys. This is me in full-on fangirl. I'll try to limit it.

OMG!! THOR WAS HOT WITH SHORT HAIR, AND THE STONER WAS HILARIOUS, AND EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT, THEY ALL DIED ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUGH!

Okay, better. We can proceed as usual.

A Cabin in the Woods is one of those rare films where the Trailer doesn't spoil everything,the actors are perfectly cast, the plot makes sense, the scares are actually scary, and the black humor is on the ball. Could I have expected less from the genius behind Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog?

The man knows what he likes.


Since you've already seen the movie (why else would you be here?) I won't rehash the plot. What I'm going to do is applaud the film on the whole. I recently re-watched Evil Dead II, and the loving homages to the 'people dying in the woods' film genre are so varied and deep set. It's a wonderful film. It's so good I'm sorry I only paid $1 for a used copy at FYE.
No Jewish jokes. You know who you are.

So, with literally EVERYONE dead, where does that leave us? Sadly, without a sequel. Not that I can think of any way a sequel could be made. Bahamute has a few ideas, but I think I'm happier with it over. You NEVER see an end of the world flick where literally EVERYONE DIES. It's refreshing.

Also, the coffee-cup bong? That was awesome. I don't partake, but I can appreciate craftsmanship.

Almost as awesome. Almost.



No comments:

Post a Comment