Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Star Trek Into Darkness Midnight Express

Since I was as the midnight release last night, I understand that virtually NOBODY will have seen the movie yet. As such, I 'll post a mini-review of the midnight experience for now, and a more spoileriffic one later.

After grabbing a quick bite and some snacks from the local Kroger, Bahamute and our friend Millie headed to the MJR Theater. We were there by 10:50 for the 12:05 showing. So, we picked our seats (middle of the last row), and waited. And waited. And nattered. And waited. And it was fun, as it always it.

Hooray meatspace interaction!

To my disappointment, the theater didn't have many patrons. Maybe it was because a 3D showing was playing at 12:01. Maybe it was because the release had moved to Wednesday night for unknown reasons. But there were only about 20 people, making it a strangely intimate experience.

Another small annoyance was the trailers: there were only three, and only one was new. Granted the new one was a Hangover Expy starring Robert Di Niro, Kevin Kline, Morgan Freeman, and Michael Douglas. Totally awesome!








So, how was this in comparison with the Iron Man 3 midnight showing? QUIETER. But no less epic. In fact, I liked STID more than Iron Man 3. Ahh, that felt good.

Now I'm off to sleepwalk my way through my shift. Totally worth it. Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment