Monday, May 5, 2014

Five Creepy Villains

     Five villains that creeped the heck outta me. Not necessarily from horror movies!

5. Francis Dolarhyde, Red Dragon
   
     I'm a big fan of the three Hannibal Lector books (aside from the ending of Hannibal, but we'll discuss that later). The villain of The Silence of the Lamps prequel, Red Dragon, is played by the brilliant Ralph Fiennes. Him saying the following quote is one of my favorite cinematic moments of all time.

"I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly. Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe."

Brr

4. John Doe, Se7en
   
   
     If you haven't seen Se7en, you need to see Se7en. In order not to spoil it, I'll just say Mr. Doe is like a sophisticated Billy. And no less disturbing.


3. Ursula, The Little Mermaid.
     Her scheme to use a young girl to kill the king of the sea is bad enough. This gets creepy when you realize that in the original scrip and the Broadway show, she is Ariel's aunt.  Even Petunia Dudley treated her nephew better than this.
Bad touch!

We need an adult!!

2. Pinhead, Hellraiser


     The short version? Once a man, Pinhead was condemned to a realm of 'pleasure and pain' after opening the Lament Configuration to seek the ultimate experience.

     Aside from killing people who open the box, or taking them to hell, Pinhead creeps me out because he's got a bit of a split personality. The 'good' (at least 10% less evil) half is trapped with the bad half. The idea of witnessing evil you preform and ca't stop...ugh. Creepy.

1. The Other Mother/The Beldam, Coraline

     She may seem like the perfect Mother, but deny her what she wants and ^^^ this turns into
THIS. 

     A spider-like creature that feeds on the lives of children after luring them into her web, leaving them as restless spirits. Also, she'll sew buttons on your eyes, because F*** YOU, THAT'S WHY. I'm 100% sure this chick is related to Pennywise. A spider-like shape shifter that feeds on kids? C'mon.

No comments:

Post a Comment