Monday, December 15, 2014

Five Quick Scary Stories


I had went into the supposedly “haunted” house as a dare. I didn’t believe in these things, and it was a sweet fifty dollars. All I had to do was to make it to the top and flash my torch.

So in I went.

The instant I entered, I wanted out. It was as though the house was sensitive to touch, its floorboards protesting my presence. But I swallowed my fear and continued.

I wish I hadn’t.

I made it to the third floor. A great crash echoed from behind, and I turned to see a shaggy beast with long black fur dash out from the dark. Its red eyes were terrifyingly vivid admist the night, like laser points. I remember screaming.

I ran, faster than I did in my entire life. I remember running into a junction and hesitating for a second on which way to turn. I remember it catching up. I remember running left.

I remember it howling “DON’T RUN THAT WAY!” as it fled towards the right, and another set of footsteps starting picking up pace from behind.

Wrong way out by dev9x

---------------------------------------------------------------

Recently, my five-year-old daughter hasn’t been sleeping well. Tonight, while I was putting her to bed, I asked her about it.

"Jenny, you’ve been sleepy lately. Have I been leaving your nightlight on too bright? Do I need to turn it down?"

"No, Mommy." she answered. "It’s just that sometimes the man in the corner keeps me awake sometimes because he watches me."

I was shocked.

"What does the man in the corner look like?" I asked, trying to keep my voice level.

"He doesn’t have any skin." she responded, unperturbed.

Needless to say, she will be sleeping in my bed tonight.

Source
----------------------------------------------------------------

My dog bit a kid in the face so we had to kill it…

Because if we didn’t, we were pretty sure he was going to tell his parents.

Source
----------------------------------------------------------------

She’s a monster before she has her morning coffee, so every day he prepares it for her: strong espresso, with two spoonfuls of powdered blood.

Source
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I get home and the TV is on one of those stupid found footage shows with a creepy little girl swaying back and forth in the dark so I hit the power. The TV turns on.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment