Friday, May 19, 2017

Donation


If you don't have a spare 30 minutes to watch that video, the crux of it is the company DaVita, one of the largest government-contracted kidney dialysis companies, is scamming the government out of money, and providing substandard treatment to patients.

The charges (and settled cases) include firing workers who tried to unionize, rushing treatments to squeeze in more patients, throwing away vials of half-used drugs to bill for more vials, and not informing patients of transplant options, thus keeping them on dialysis longer, aka killing them.

Most of you know I'm signed up to be an organ donor. If you do, you also know my father was on dialysis, and was a kidney transplant patient before I was born. I literally wouldn't be here if not for organ donation and dialysis.

 So I'm a little upset.


The negligence is so bad, one person involved in DaVita's 'Kidney Education' program said this:


John Oliver went on to talk about how these issues run rampant within the for-profit dialysis sector, and how settlements are still coming forward. What it comes down to, is that we need to combat the kidney shortage.

You can be like me and sign up to donate when you've died (try tweeting #WhenIDiePleaseTakeMyKidneys) , or even signing up to be a living donor here.

I'm not above begging on this issue. Please, save a life. You'll be dead anyway, you don't need your organs. It's a small box on your driver's license renewal, or here for Michiganders.

I literally wouldn't exist without organ donation. If you care about me at all, if you know me as a person or just as these words typed across this screen, sign up. Save a life. Save future lives.

I'll just leave this here.

1 comment:

  1. HOT CAM MODELS NEEDED!
    MAKE MORE THAN $10,000 EVERY WEEK.
    SIGN-UP AS A JASMIN MODELS CAM MODEL TODAY!

    ReplyDelete