Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Somebody throw a pie!

If you're like me, you've seen the War for the Planet of the Apes and Transformers 5 trailer at least 12 times.


This isn't by choice, mind. I just see a lot of movies with those trailers in front. And one thing struck me each time:

Since when did movies starring giant robots and monkeys with guns get so serious?!

Now, the first in the current line of Apes movies was really good, and also serious, so I kinda get it. I think that treating it like a serious drama is a bit much, but I get it.

But the first and second Transformers movies had ball and weed jokes. Now they just have sad Marky Mark.

Oh yes, we remember, Wahlberg.

I mean...why? These are supposed to be fun movies! Summer Blockbusters! Even Independence Day 2 looked like more fun than this!

Keyword: looked like.

Other film companies, don't be like DC. Dark and gritty doesn't automatically mean good. Sucking the joy from fun franchises doesn't equal awards or money.

Except for Transformers. Somehow. There are 14 more planned.

Seriously.


Are you happy, movies? You made me quote Family Guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment