Thursday, August 3, 2017

Well, alright then

So, Rob Paulson was diagnosed with, and beat, throat cancer.


If you think you don't know him, you're wrong. If you've watched TV in the last 20-30 years, you've been exposed. And for me, he's one of those "Hey, I know that Voice!" guys. Right along with Hank Azaria, Diedrich Bader, Jeff Bennett, Clancy Brown, Kevin Conroy, Jim Cummings, John DiMaggio, the late June Foray, Seth Green, Maurice LaMarche, Phil LaMarr, and I could keep going, but I'm sure you're bored.


The article give his exact thoughts on what happened, so I won't re-hash. But as someone who talks for a living myself (though just with a normal voice), and performs as a hobby, I can't imagine the terror. I've been upset just over being hoarse, or sick for extended periods.

I don't know if I was just oblivious to the news, or if it wasn't publicized before now: you're all familiar with my up-to-the-minute coverage of pop culture that interests me. In either case, I couldn't be happier that Mr. Paulson is on his way to recovery.

We've already lost a voice icon recently, after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment