Friday, January 24, 2014

The (Job) Hunter Games: The first Day is Nigh

Monday I officially start my new job at a local funeral home. Extremely local. Literally 2 minutes from my home (unless I'm at one of the other two locations). And not a bit two soon. My greenback stack is getting kinda slack, to borrow a Flanders-ism.

Wise words.

So, what does this mean for the future? Well, my free time will be back to pre-unemployment levels, and I'm okay with that. Just the prospect of getting a job got me working on my manuscripts and Wedding stuff. So actually having less time will make me more motivated. Or so the past has shown.

Other than that...Well, I don't know yet. I'll know more after Monday; how things work, what I'm expected to do daily, all that good stuff. I'm super excited.


In other news, I'm in day five of the week long separation from my fiancee, AKA his Florida vacation. In coming years when my employment situation is solid, I'll be able to join him. For now, just slogging through the last few cold days. At least I've been busy addressing invitation. Super fun.


Well, gotta go: I'm heading out for a brief visit with an apparently adorable bulldog. :D PUPPY!


No comments:

Post a Comment