Monday, June 16, 2014

Five Reasons Feminism is still relevant



5. Women get paid less, and that's not changing
     A 2013 study found women get paid 76.5 cents for every dollar a man earns. That's bad enough. The study also revealed that in ten years that gap hasn't budged. The wage gap closure has come to a standstill.
Actual picture of my boss flying to a conference with the money he saved by hiring me, and not a man.

...

Okay, I lied.

4. It isn't just about money and sex
     This fight between bloggers is about how much more difficult it is to animate women since they have 'soft' faces. Male characters have soft faces too, as is pointed out, and everything goes to hell. I encourage you to read it.
The only thing pointy about this face is his hair.

3. Still not convinced? Read this beauty:
   
For those of you with little time, I'll sum up: this post is from a man delineating why he doesn't like tattooed women: "Because it's where another man left his mark on you."
     Pushing aside the comparatively minor point that there are female tattoo artist, this is so insane I don't know where to begin. Luckily, one commentator has my back:
"and when you go to a restaurant and eat something cooked by man, that’s where another man put something inside your body that I didn’t. And when the male dentist looks inside your mouth, that’s where another man invaded your mouth. And when the male cashier sells you those clothes, every time you wear them you will think of him, not me."
     Right on.

2. The Men's Right's Movement
     Elliot Roger, the  shooter in California was a member of this movement. If you're not convinced, Cracked has some truths you need to see about what is wrong with this hate organization.


1.


No comments:

Post a Comment