Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Five awesome 'split' songs

I recently discovered a music editor who takes the same song done by two different artists, mashes them into one glorious track, and splits them in either headphone. The experience is amazing. Break out the headphones (the effect is greatly reduced without them) and prepare to have your mind BLOWN.

5. Some Nights: Left ear Fun, right ear The Vitamin String Quartet

I love this song, I love the quartet.

4. Part of Your World: Left ear Jodie Benson (English) right ear Sugyeong Kim (Korean)

Multi-language aside, both of these women are amazing talents. Still, my least favorite of the overlays as, unlike the others, there is no moment where the two vocal tracks split to concentrate on each artist in turn. Small nitpick

3. Smells Like Teen Spirit: Left ear Nirvana, right ear The Vitamin String Quartet

This is one of my favorite kind of musical adventures: an orchestral version of a pop culture son. It is BADASS.

2. I'll make a man out of you: Left ear Donny Osmund (English singing voice), right ear Jackie Chan (Mandarin singing voice)

Jackie Chan is an opera-trained singer. And it shows. So enjoy this kick-ass mass up. I did.

1. Beauty and the Beast: Left ear Angela Lansbury (English) right ear Lucie Dolène  (French).

I wept.

No comments:

Post a Comment