Monday, September 29, 2014

Raindrops?

Today is the first day since I started my anti anxiety meds that I didn’t take half a pill before work. I also didn’t take my dose last night, since I felt well. The instructions say ‘as needed’ so I’m not neglecting my doctor’s orders.
I did have a nightmare-esq dream this morning. I guess it was a stress dream, though it didn’t leave me stressed. It was a basic zombie apocalypse. Slow Romero-types, no rotting, just white faces and black circles under the eyes. For the first time in this scenario (Yes, I’ve had that dream many times). I was with my husband. We were leaving my old church, where the outbreak was spreading. We decided to head home and get some supplies, then head north to where it was less populous. My best friend from High School was in town (she currently lives in Iowa), at Great Lakes Crossing. Bahamute and I agreed, we needed to go save her, since a mall is the WORST place to be.
I talked to her on my cell phone, learning she was at the Pita Jungle for lunch when everything happened (it was where the Rainforest CafĂ© is now. The Pita Jungle is actually the nearest restaurant to Amy’s Baking Company. So there’s that). As I assured her we were coming, we started downhill on Cass Lake Road by the middle school. The road was a sheer cliff, zombies and redwood sized trees littering the road, but not blocking us. Bahamute and I screamed, but we got through.
Then we were at the mall. Zombies everywhere, shopping, listening to motivational seminars, EVERYTHING! We took an elevator (only two undead shoppers there, eyeing us), and found my friend. We tiptoed through the mall, acting like zombies and trying to get supplies.
I woke then, a little upset, but not stressed. I recently watched ‘Return of the Living Dead’ (hilarious) and ‘Doc of the Dead’ (informative), so Zombies in my sleep is an explainable phenomenon. Waking up without feeling like shit is relatively new. So is being at work unmediated (I’ve been on the drug just over a week today).
Seven hours to go. Will the constrictor attack, or will I make it through my day clear-headed? I have no idea. Wish me luck, future readers!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was written the same day I started the incident logs. I will not be skipping meds again. Even a cloudless day can turn into a hellstorm.

God, I feel like a fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment