Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Incident Log 9/17

Time for an exciting horrifying new feature: a daily incident log of the hell that is my job. This is not meant for humor. This is an outlet, and a record for my own personal sanity. This log details incidents with my manager. Nobody else is listed as I LITERALLY HAVE NO FUCKING PROBLEMS WITH ANY OTHER COWORKER.

9/17/14


  • Told I had a ‘know it all’ attitude and wasn’t gelling with other employees. No examples were provided on how I was acting like a know it all. Told I “have to change the way you speak because you sound like a know it all.”
  • Tried to explain a problem with a task B.W. gave me, and got flustered as he was in a hurry. Was verbally reprimanded for repeating myself. Later when I was able to group my thoughts and explain why I was repeated myself and what the issue was I was told I needed to work on communication.
  • Given task to find out who posted a contract. When I said “I might not be able to get an answer by the end of the day, as B.C. and K.O. (coworkers) are out of the office for the rest of the week.” I was reprimanded for not giving a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ response.
  • When I announced I was leaving at 5, as is standard since I transfered to this location (I worked until 4:00 previously) B.W. told me I should have offered to stay and help as we were busy. I said “You just complained to Tim that you had to pay people to stay after five because he didn’t ask us for help earlier, so I assumed you wouldn’t want me to stay.” B.W responded by stating “You should have offered. I’m calling you on this, every time you pull this ‘Shayna Shit.’ It’s going to be unpleasant working with me for the next few weeks because I’m calling you on your ‘Shayna Shit’ every time.”
  • I said I’d offer to stay late when I could, but that wasn’t alway an option. He then told me “This isn’t a 9-5 job. I’ve never had an office manager scurry [my emphasis] out of here at five every day like you do. The others would offer to stay and help. I know you have rides arranged and plays, but you’ve got to prioritize.” I told him it was usually my disabled mother picking me up and I didn’t want her to wait in the car. I also said that I could often stay late, if I was able to plan it in advance.  He again dismissed this reasoning as ‘Shayna Shit.’  I told him I’d offer to stay late days I could, and got out.

This is my fucking day. And only after I started logging events. This barely scrapes the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment