Friday, September 19, 2014

Morning Pinks

(Please note, this was written before the incident logs began, over a week ago.)

Sorry this isn't my usual fun gif roundup. I'll get back to that next week, promise.

Yesterday I went to the doctor for my work-related anxiety issues. I'd originally planned to go Friday, as my last blog stated, but Monday morning came, and so did an anxiety attack. My doctor was able to work me in. I told him about my feelings and physical symptoms. He was very kind, and it eased my mind.

I've been prescribed medication, and I'm talking it in half does, one before work, one the night before a work day (no Friday night doses, no Saturday dose at all, etc).

Even though I stayed home from work yesterday (Monday) I took my two half doses, so I could check the effects/calm down. I took a 2 hour nap with my husband (very unusual for me, I've been a crappy napper since childhood), and felt a little calmer, but that was about it. Today it's much of the same. I'm alert, but not rushing through my work.

I also haven't thrown up, wanted to cry, or otherwise freaked out.

This started almost the day I came to my new location, and it's gotten steadily worse. I can lay the blame squarely on my bosses shoulders (The Wiz). I need another job. I'm looking, but I will not quit this one until I have another position.

This is the only job I've ever has such issues at. I get along with everyone here, and I'm good at my job. I don't want to have to start again, but I can't stay on these pills forever. That idea scares me.

I feel calm. I don't know if that's the lingering effect of the pill (half dose should only equal 4 hours of relief, since a full dose is 8, right?) or just because I'm having an okay day.  I really don't know.

Here's a gif for your trouble. Back to the funny stuff soon. Promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment