Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Walking Dead: a matter of character

I've read the first 96 issues of The Walking Dead, and I'm currently watching season 3 of the show. The plot varies, but basically follows the same structure. With one noticeable difference:

The characters.

People die in the show and live in the comic, or vice-versa. Assholes become better, the best characters become preachy. Some exist in one medium only. Some characters from the comics are grouped into new individuals. It's confusing.


Most of the changes are for the better and make a lot of sense; both mediums are visual and episodic, but there's still a lot of difference.

The only thing that bothers me about these changes are certain characters who are great in the comics and assholes in the show. Andrea is one of my favorites in the comics: I can barely stand to watch her in the show. And...um...

Okay, it's pretty much just Andrea.


Reeeeeeeeeeayl looking forward to her death. And NO that's not a spoiler, THEY ALL GON' DIE!

Comic's Andrea is so awesome. She was still alive in issue 96, and was kicking ass. I really hope Michonee picks up all the slack. Not that she needs any extra awesome.

SO AWESOME

So, I'll just keep marathoning until she's dead. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment