Monday, March 2, 2015

Tears

Leonard Nimoy died today.

The world lost a multi-talented man. Granted, I know him best as my favorite Star Trek character, Spock, as did many. I've written before about how important Spock is to me.

What can I say? He was 83. His illness was known, at least to him. I don't know if it was publicized before.  My husband knew he was in hospital about a week ago, but I missed that news (Hubby is out getting me McD's to cheer me up. I love my husband).

Spock the character is still alive in Zachary Quinto. We even had a lovely send off for him in the latest Star Trek film. I shouldn't be this sad. I never met the man. I'd learned from the ideals he held. There wasn't anything else to glean.

Egon is dead. Spock is dead.  Brent Spiner is getting older.  I'm losing my stoic icons.

What do I say? Not live long and prosper. He did that.

There's something better. A Hebrew proverb.  "Say not in grief 'he is no more' but in thankfulness that he was."

Another saying, for those of us not trekking the final frontier. "God is closest to those with broken hearts."

I feel terrible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment