Monday, November 16, 2015

The Days Ahead

Today is my first day at my new job.

My first *full* day. I've had 2 weeks of training, half-days, shadow days, tests, desk-set up, and other rigmarole. Today I start my regular (until January) shift. I've decorated the small shelf in my half-cube with a golden Homer/Buddah, a happy Harley Quinn, some plastic white tigers, and Makoto Kino (better known as Sailor Jupiter). Happy faces I can look at until I get a photo of Bahamute.

See?

I remembered my lunch, my ID badge, and my shift time. I arrived with more than enough time to write, drink cocoa, and ease into my day.

So far, so good.

The floor is quiet: most shifts start later, like mine. Gives me my much-craved solitude. I'm going to like this slow start to the day.

Now, to get all my pointless internetting done before I need to be productive. Better hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment