Tuesday, November 17, 2015

What level of the tower am I on?

I just read Matthew McConaughey is in the running to play The Gunslinger Roland Deschain in the film adaptation of Stephen King's magnum opus series, The Gunslinger. He's also been offered The Man in Black, the book's antagonist.

I think McConaughey would make a spectacular Man in Black. He's got that charming with a touch of menace thing down pat. Roland though? He's too young. That role needs someone in their mid 40s...

...which I just discovered McConaughey is.

Huh.

Well then. He's still way too handsome to play Roland (nicknamed "old long tall and ugly" by his friend). But that's to be expected in any Hollywood adaptation. Ron Pearlman would be a great fit.
Ron Perlman February 2015.jpg 
He's a real looker when he's a demon.

 I don't know who I'd 'dream cast' for this. Maybe Ty Simpkins as Jake, Evan Peters as Eddie, and Kerry Washington as Susannah.

Not that I've thought a lot about it.


I'm not as attached to this film as I am to the (possible) remake of IT. I've long said Seth Green should play the adult version of Richie "Man of a 1000 Voices" Tozier. Especially since he played the kid version last time.
So perfect I could cry.

 I also want Robert Sean Leonard for adult Bill Denbrough.

But that's as far as I've got. Frankly, I'm not excited for the new version. Much like LOTR, IT's been called unfilmable, and I have to agree. I'd love Hollywood to prove me wrong, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

And if Roland says 'alright alright alright' I'm going to murder everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment