Friday, March 10, 2017

When the notes are sour

So, over 800,000 homes in SE Michigan have lost power due to the crazy high winds Wednesday.


My house joined those numbers at 7am today, loooooooooooooong after the winds were over. Right now there's no estimate of when it'll be back on. Many of my readers and friends are in the exact same boat, so I'm not here for sympathy.

I can see my house from here!

The outage is so large, other states are getting involved. Warming centers are opening, as the temperatures are still in the 30s.

Both Bahamute and I are working today, warm and charging various devices. This evening and tomorrow we'd set aside for a break. Bahamute was planning on playing the new Zelda game all day, while I was going to catch up on some videos, books, and laundry.

This man is a genius, and he has a new review out.

Worst case senario we may prevail upon Bahamutes's brother and brother in law for a few hours of light if the outage lasts. Our animals will be fine for the moment, and I can cook with a gas stove very easily. I can read by candle light, as I literally have 500+ books (not including single-issue comics).

There was time now!

This is just a taste of the power and fury of nature. How easily we forget that at any moment the world around us can literally come crashing down. The ocean can take out destruction-proof cruisers. Winds whirl and kill. Even lakes can swallow ships and sailors.

Amid the temporary loss of our luxuries and trinkets we forget; the world takes people whole




No comments:

Post a Comment