Monday, April 10, 2017

Florida, the Trippening part 3: On the Move

So, as you know, Bahamute and I were supposed to leave for Florida yesterday. Turns out Delta has canceled over 3000 flights due to either bad weather four days ago or a strike (opinions are split).

This blog will be a series of interjections as they happen (for me) so excuse the bizarre formatting. Also, for the duration of the rip, these will be posted the day after they happen, so...fyi.


Anyway, on to the observations!

-
  • Waiting for our plane at the flint airport. It’s late, but I can see it coming down the runway, getting ready to discharge the passengers coming from (I presume) Atlanta.
  • Taking the opportunity to enjoy the airport wifi and load some askreddit threads for later perusal. I also have rifftrax, podcasts, and books of course. Right now I’m reading The Gift of Fear, which I recommend to everyone. It’s about using common sense to stop avoidable violence. I’ve also go a book of Vietnamese fairy tales, but I’m not in the mood for fiction just now.
  • I’ve also packed a few things for re-reading, I.E. The Gunslinger, and the Color of magic.
-
  • Flight took off without a hitch, aside from being a little late. We have a 50 minute layover in Atlanta. Should be enough time to get to the next plane…
-

  • The flight out of Atlanta went perfect. We got to Florida, ate, drank, and sang karaoke. And I saw a frog!

All in all a good day. I just wish it had been a day earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment