Tuesday, May 23, 2017

I know about Popular

I'm going to try and good news bad news this for you, bad damn, things are weird.

First, the best news: Will and Grace is coming back!


I wish the show was on Netflix: I've missed a lot of the episodes over the years, and I'd love to binge to get ready for this.

On the other end of the scale, somebody wants a How I Met Your Mother revival.


I hate so much how season nine/the show ended I won't even go back and watch the other episodes. I do not want to see any more of these characters, unless it's Ted and Robin getting divorced and her getting back with Barney, and everyone telling Ted what a horrible person he is.

ABC is putting on a live action musical TV special for The Little Mermaid. This play didn't do well on broadway, but it did bring us Tituss Burgess as Sebastian and give us a top-notch 2nd Ursula song. I'm neutral on this, as I haven't seen the show or listen to the album.

Not seen here, but damn, that man can sing!

I feel similarly about the Roseanne revival.  I'll watch anything with John Goodman, but SPOILERS isn't Dan dead? Like, he died, and the last season where they won the lottery was a fantasy. I guess they'll retcon that.


Back on the upswing, The Disaster Artist has a release date. Or at least a release time frame, since it'll be out for 'awards season'. For anyone not in the know, The Disaster Artist is based on a book of the same name by Greg Sestero. It's about when Sestero lived with Tommy Wiseau and filmed The Room.

Here's a small rundown of that film, in case you're under a rock.

It is as crazy as it sounds. And I am super excited.

What I'm not excited about is the Wicked movie still being a thing, and new songs being added to it. Wicked is slated to come out in December 2019, nobody has been cast yet, and it's being written by the writers of the musical.

Wicked is my favorite musical, but I'm not sure it'll translate to the screen. When Elphaba rises into the air onstage that is a thing to behold. When magic happens, you wonder how they did that. In a movie it'll just be CGI. I'd rather they just filed a performance and released that, CATS or Joseph style.


So, we end on a downer for this pop culture roundup. Man. Enjoy something funny while I cheer myself up with Baywatching.

No comments:

Post a Comment