Thursday, May 25, 2017

Where's Harvey Birdman when we need him

So, a man is suing his date for the price of a movie ticket, after she texted during the film. She also left when he asked her to stop, and stranded him.

On the one hand, it is only $17, but on the other hand...

I get it.


I've talked before about how rudeness in a theater is inexcusable (though I'll be damned if I can find the links). I've had several memorable experiences where talking, texting, screaming, or somebody touching me disrupted things. When I go to the movies with my friends (you know who you are) I sit near the end of the group, since I don't want to be associated with anyone chatting/I don't want to be chatted at.

At least about this.

It's two-fold: I don't want to miss anything, and I don't want someone else to get ticked off with the noise we're making.

Now, some rude scenarios don't apply to me. I won't be the one screaming unnecessarily in a theater. I won't be pulling my phone out to text. I won't be dragging under-mature kids to things they can't handle.

There is a time for riffing a movie: if you're alone in the theater (it happens), at a Rifftrax show, or at your home. That's it. Otherwise, shut up, shut your devices down, and let others enjoy the movie.

The woman admitted to texting, "only 2-3 times" by the way.


I hope her date wins the suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment