Thursday, October 4, 2018

Terrifying Thursday

Terrifying Thursdays will be the spot for all the greatest Horror flicks I've not yet talked about.

Today: Hereditary


Talking about Hereditary is...complicated. I went into this movie totally blind. I'm not even 100% sure I saw the trailer prior to going in. I knew the stars were the kid the Rock transforms from in Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, and Tara from United States of Tara. That was about it.

This movie was uncomfortably scary in the way that family dysfunction is scary. If you've seen The Babadook, you'll get a similar vibe. And then the uncomfortable points turn into terror.

The less you know about these movies prior to going in, the better. Stay away from spoilerific trailers. If you love horror and drama, trust me: Hereditary is for you.

Just don't blame me if you end up at home with all the lights on, watching dog videos to stop your mind and heart from racing afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment