Friday, December 27, 2013

Post-Christmas Non Hangover

Usually after Christmas I'm a wreck, just coming off all the joy and adrenaline and stress and awfulness and wonderfulness that's wrapped up in the holiday.

This year, everything is moving at a glacial pace, and I'm ecstatic.

So far I've spent my days hanging at Grizz's house with his family, watching TV, eating pizza rolls, and playing World of Darkness (like D&D, more vampires and faeries). This is what we all should get after the holidays: time to recover. A vacation from the vacation. I know I'm not the first to say it, but it's still a great idea.

If I could just stop having nightmares about not being prepared for the wedding, it'd be perfect. That and the end of the world. But that's pretty normal for me. Zombies. Nameless monsters with yellow eyes and my friends faces. Normal. For me.


So, back to blogging, applying for jobs (a few interviews and such are coming up, hooray!) and writing. Started the morning with a rejection letter from a flash-fiction site. Well. At least I submitted something. It's a step forwards. 

What's on the agenda for today? Maybe seeing The Hobbit with the family. Maybe more. Maybe something worth writing about that doesn't make me sound lazy and spoiled. Well. Besides my in-character notes from gaming last night. That felt good. Very good.

I'll keep this short, as most people besides me are busy. Happy holiday hangover. Hope this helps:



No comments:

Post a Comment