Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My Christmas wish

So, my fiancee may have the worst Christmas ever.

Let backup me explain.

My fiancee Bahamute's parents divorced a few years before we started dating. In the last few years, both his mother and father moved out of state. This year his Mother, Stepfather, and 2 Stepbrothers, for the first time in 8 years, were all going to come up on Christmas Eve, and stay for almost a week with his brother, Grizz, and his boyfriend. Bahamute had never been this excited about Christmas. Usually, he hates the holiday, and working retail, I can understand. He's getting ready for a Christmas Eve shift as I write this.

Last Saturday, Grizz's power went out, and hasn't come on since. We had no idea. And as a result, his folks aren't coming up tonight unless it kicks back on. It's supposed to have come on at midnight every day since this happened.

This is the news I woke him with on Christmas Eve. Now he's getting ready for work, and I have no idea what to say. I'll be spending the day cooking, cleaning, and with my own family. The only pain I have that's comparable is the death of my father in 2009. It's two very different situations.

What do I do? What do I say? How can I make this suck any less (We can't have them at our place due to space issues)?

I have nothing. It's a rotten situation. Merry Christmas and be alone.

Grizz and his boyfriend may come stay with us tonight. I hope they will: they're some of our best friends in the world, and Bahamute needs to be with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment