Thursday, July 31, 2014

Shrek-tacular.

Rehursal for Shrek the Musical is going well. It’s tech week, so we’ve got the usual hiccups. The dragon puppet is big and hard to manuver, but I’m not the puppeter. It leaves me free to focus on vocals. It’s not an easy song, so I need all the help I can get.


We’re nearly at the act break. It’s been going well, even with the minor flubs and issues. We’re having a friday rehearsal this week to resolve those.


As for me, I’m getting there. I flubbed a lyric earlier, but I’ll get it. I’m blown away by the choreography: Not that I’m dancing in the very hard numbers (thank God!).


Overall, it’s a great cast. I can’t fault any of them. All fine singers and dancers. It’s gonna be a great show. The slog through hell week will be worth it.


Yeah, I know this is a big ‘come see my show’ post. I don’t care. I’m proud to be in this show, I want to brag a bit.


My husband had to lose his beard today. One of the many sacrifices in playing Lord Farquad. His knees are the next biggest concern. At least heair grows back. It doesn’t bother me, we started dating before he could grow facial hair. He’s shaved before, he’ll shave again.


Our director just complimented him on one particularly hammy reading. His smile is adorable. Reminds me of that slender nerdI fell in love with.


Puppets are being sewn. Flats are being painted. Costumes are being finalized. It’s starting to look like a show, and not a random group of people putzing around onstage. I’m so excited about that.


Soon will come the nerves and the butterfly in the stomach flutters. The knowlage that my friends and family are out there, and I want...need to impress them with my song.


They’ll be impressed by everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment