Thursday, September 11, 2014

King's Island

Yesterday for almost six hours I was with the family at Kings Island. It's a HUGE amusement/water park in the same vein as Ceder Point. No coincidence, as CP owns it. Unlike that park, the water park is included in the price of the ticket. So it's got that goin' for it, which is nice.

I'm not much of a roller coaster person adn even less of a heights one, but there was still plenty to do. I only refrained from going on one ride that the rest of the party went on: The Bat. It was just too tall. I did brave the park's replica 1/3rd scale Eiffel Tower, but my fear of heights kept me from moving towards the railing. I did manager to get off the elevator and do a full circuit around. Yay!

I went on several other attractions: the pirate ship, the white-water rafting tube, the log flume, stuff that wasn't too tall. The group gave most coasters a pass on sight: The Banshee for example.


The water park was fun, but by the time we got there we were too tired to do anything but hit one water slide. After that, we trudged back to our cars, tired but happy. We'd ridden rids, seen themed gift shops, eaten hot dogs and frozen lemonade and funnel cake: all the classics. It was a great day. My in-laws are some of the best people I could ever want to do that with (especially considering they paid for my and Bahamute's broke asses...)



For anyone wanting to shark off the dust of Ceder Point and try something new, King's Island is a great bet. Four stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment