Tuesday, November 4, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014

NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write a 50k word novel by the end of November. I attempted this last year, but ran out of steam at 38k. It wasn't useless: the exercise was good for my brain.

This year, I'm trying something different: I've plotted out the major events of my novel before hand. Usually I just wing it with the vague outline only in my brain (a time-honored technique by many writers). So far it's helped a little: Day 2, I'm on my second chapter, and the plot is SPEEDING along. I just wish the word count was: I still have 500 words to finish today to make sure I stay on schedule.

I'll keep the blog up over the month, but it's gonna be busy: I'm in a play, the new job has started, and my time is short. I may even blog more about my progress, if things go well.

To compensate for the shortness of this blog (I still have 500 words and only a little time to do them before rehearsal) here's some funny stuff. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment