Monday, November 3, 2014

The Job Hunter Games, tiny midquel

As my longtime readers know, I was out of work during November of last year through late January of this. Then I was employed by a local funeral home. It was good work, and I was happy.

Then I was transferred and things went south.

So, a few weeks a go, I quit. Unlike the last time I left a job, I had an interview lined up the next day. By the end of the week I was hired into my current job: I am now a vet tech (in training).

The relief is immense. I still get anxiety attacks, or the beginnings of them when work comes up but then I remember: no, I have not fucked anything up. No, I have not been scolded nor do I expect to be at any moment. No, I like my new boss and coworkers just fine. Yes, they tell me I'm doing well, and give me answers when I ask questions.

Best of all, I'm off my meds (which I only used days I worked with my old location manager. These are NOT daily things, so don't worry).

I'm happy. I'm not having stress dreams or panic attacks. I feel normal again. Plus I get to work with animals: that's been my dream for a while, but I never thought it could happen. Sure, it includes picking testicles off the floor and mopping, but I also get to snuggle cats and dogs. So that's a win.

I'll keep you guys updated as things develop, but right now I've got some work to do for NaNoWriMo. Work starts in just over an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment