Monday, January 26, 2015

Florida Trip, Day 1

I'm sitting in the Atlanta terminal after the first leg of my flight to Florida. We're boarding in just a few minutes. So far, everything has been smooth. The Flint airport is small, but clean and easy to navigate. Atlanta is HUGE. We had to take a train from one end to the other. There are more people, more shops and restaurants...just MORE. It's good to know: we have a 3 1/2 hour layover on the flight home. Planning on eating at the lovely TGI Friday's we saw getting off the plane. Or at least the Draft House Grill.

Eating all this right before getting on a plane? Sounds great!

Not much else to say just now: I'm sleepy, but not exhausted. 4ish hours of sleep was enough to do this. Yaaay. Also, not too hungry as I got a Coke and some cookies with the Delta logo on the first flight. Mmm.

Gonna start boarding in 1 minute, so logging off for now. More updates as events warrant.

---------------------------

Later

-------------------------

My father in law picked us up from the airport. On the way home we stopped at a farmer's market and got some powdered dips and lemonade. I also tried Asian zucchini pancakes.

Awwww yisssss

I played with FiL's 2 kitties, Jiggalo and Spats. 

Jiggalo is so named because he 'can't get enough love.'

Then we had a HUGE BBQ with the family down here: various cousins, aunts, and grandparents. There were hot dogs, baked beans, cheesy potatoes, and a mound of desserts. By 2:00 I was drooping (I've been up since 3AM, thanks to my early-ass flight), and took a short nap. 

Accurate

When the relatives departed, Hubby and I took FiL's golf cart on a spin around the suburb. We saw cranes and a stork!

This, but three and a half feet tall.

Later, we watched John Mulaney, Johnny English Reborn, and Big Bang Theory. We even squeezed in a bonfire!

Not-Accurate

This was a busy, busy, good day. I'm beat, but it's already been cool. I'm still trying to figure out things to do besides eat and visit second-hand shops. As much as I love those things, there's more to Florida, or so I'm told.

For tonight, I'm gonna snack and snooze.  And by the by: it was 68 degrees. I wore flip-flops.

The rubber shoes of victory.


No comments:

Post a Comment