Monday, June 6, 2016

5 Books I'm reading next.

With 500+ books in my personal library, and almost a hundred unread, I've got to get moving. I've made a vow not to buy any more books until I read some of the ones I already have. Now, to be fair, I basically immediately broke that promise since the last Temeraire book is coming out, and Joe Hill's newest book was just published, but hey, at least I thought about it.

\
I wish I could, JonTron.

With that in mind, I'm officially declaring my next five books. No more buying until these are read! Maybe public knowledge will help stem my literary urges. I've already purchased them, so no loopholes there either.

1. The Fireman: A Novel by Joe Hill

I have all of Joe Hill's other books, and I'm real excited about this one. I haven't read much about it, just that people are getting scales and bursting into flames. Intriguing!

Wasn't this a department in the ministry of magic?

2. Akira, Vol. 2 by Katsuhiro Otomo

No, I haven't seen the movie. No, I want to wait to see the movie until I've read it all. Yes, I read volume one. Yes, I know about Bartkira.

And now so do you.

3. The History of Hell by Alice K. Turner

A random find at 2nd and Charles, it purports to detail the history of negative afterlife locations through several cultures. No word on if Phil the Prince of Insufficient Light is involved.

Aww man.

4. The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

I'm a big Narnia fan. Time to read more of C.S. Lewis's fine work...also about hell. Sorta.

No word on Phil's involvement here either.

5. League of Dragons by Naomi Novik
Epic series about talking, soldier dragons. The final book in the series. I'm happy, but also dreading it, since that means no more. I don't wanna talk about it any more.
 
 More awsome, accurate art by Daniel Govar here.

No comments:

Post a Comment