Friday, June 10, 2016

The IT Spot: Hocksetter

So, Patrick Hocksetter has been cast in the IT adaptation.

 The face of a psychopath...in the movie.

I have seen this kid in literally nothing, but he's also playing Jordan in Stephen King's CELL, which couldn't be more different. There, he's a scared prep school kid. Here, he'll be playing a murderous child psychopath. Spoiler alert: He dies in one of the most horrific ways I've ever read, even in a King book. Have fun with THAT film makers.

Most of the kid members of the losers club have been cast. They're all basically unknowns, which is great. Bev Marsh, the sole female loser, is the only one not cast. The adult casting for all the characters (all the human characters anyway) remains to be seen. I've already posted some of my ideal cast, but as a reminder:

Seth Green for Adult Ritchie Tozier (especially nice, since he played kid Tozier in the original miniseries)

Robert Sean Leonard for adult Bill Denbrough. I love him, and damnit, he needs more work. Plus, he and Seth Green are the same age.

 Other than that, it's wiiiiiiiide open. C'mon Hollywood. Don't let my cautious optimism go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment