Monday, March 27, 2017

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!

How did I not know Bruce Timm (one of Harley Quinn's daddies) was directing a Batman and Harley Quinn animated movie?!

This was announced back in July, and somehow I totally missed it. I am ashamed, but also way to excited to feel ashamed.

Here's the first picture from the movie:


Look at that! It's close to classic DCAU, which gave us the first iteration of Harley, and my favorite Batman, Kevin Conroy.
Favorite Batman. That includes every live action one.

 There doesn't seem to be an IMDB page for this movie yet, so I have no idea who is playing Harley. And as much as I enjoyed Margot Robbie's portrayal, there's only one real animated Harley: Arleen Sorkin.


Ms. Sorkin retired from the role in 2012, though, and her IMDB comes to a stop at the same time. Since then Harley's been voiced by a trying very hard Hynden Walch, the flat Janyse Jaud, the Betty Boopish Meghan Strange, the capable, if grating, Tara Strong, and a host of others that I'm either unaware of, don't care for, or just did it once and not notably at that.


There's rumors of course that Ms. Sorkin may return, and while I'm trying not to get my hopes up...

This is in full effect.

It's too early to be ecstatic, but the art style and Bruce Timm directing are great indicators that the movie will be good, and true to Harley's character.

Even if Ms. Sorking doesn't return, we did just get a really good animated Harley by way of Jenny Slate, so who am I to complain?

Contrary to what you just saw, Ms. Slate is not the worst, and was a good Harley.

So, when I hear more, I'll make another blog. Until then, time to ravenously surf the internet for any tidbits about the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment