Monday, July 3, 2017

Trailer-splosion

So, FOUR trailers for things I'm very interested in all came out the same day. Hold onto your hats, folks. I have a lot to unpack.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle


So, some people (like me) are really excited about this film.


There are also a lot of whiners and complainers stating that this movie didn't need to be a Jumanji sequel, how dare they, etc.

1. Be glad it's a sequel, not a remake. They straight up refrence Alan Parrish (Williams) in it, we've been assured.
2. It looks like a fun way to revitalize a 20 year old property with some amazing actors.
3. If it wasn't a sequel, you;d be whining that it was a Jumanji ripoff.

Frankly, I'm not bothered. First, because of these reasons:


Second, the headcannon my friends and I came up with is that the original game was made by an African Trickster god as revenge for colonialism. Makes send that that god would see nobody plays board games anymore and make a video game version.

Also, Australia may be the result of a game that was never finished, which is why it's still a huge death trap.

You explain Drop Bears.

Cult of Chucky:

Did you know we're up to 7 total Chucky movies? And that the last one was released to DVD, and was actually pretty good/scary?

The tomato doesn't lie.

I really like Chucky. I won tickets to the premier of Seed in Detroit. I own all the films, aside from 3 (which we don't talk about). I couldn't be more excited for this. Chucky in an insane asylum? It practically writes itself!

Death Note:

So, a few months ago I watched the Death Note series on Netflix. I haven't seen any of the other film adaptations (and there are a lot), and I have mixed feelings about this one. Willam Dafoe's Ryuk is perfect casting. But why is it in Seattle? Why is Light not Asian? Why is L doing a press conference? Why is Light saying "We're not the good guys anymore." when his whole deal is that he IS the good guy, the ultimate good guy who will wash all evil from the earth, along with anyone who gets in his way?

I don't know. This is a real wait and see affair.

But to end on a high note, Rick and Morty Season 3:


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment