Saturday, August 31, 2013

Puzzled

Tonight I'm having some friends over to watch Troll 2. Last night it was Jaws. I'm re-reading IT for the umpteenth time.


I love horror. Good horror, bad horror, horror books, horror drawings, cons, props: ALL of it. Most of my friends don't share this interest: Really, only my future brother in law Grizz feels the same way about it that I do. We'll sit and discuss Stephen King, H.P. Lovecraft, Insidious, anything for hours on end: in that way he and I are closer than my fiancee, his brother.

But not in this way.

For a long time, it was just something that I did. It never occurred to me that my interest in horror wasn't shared by everyone around me. They were misguided, I thought. They just needed to be shown how cool it was.



After a few years with my fiancee, I got over that. He doesn't care about horror one way or the other. It's fine. It's good that we have different interests.  It's healthy, etc.

So here I sit, counting down the hours until Troll 2 and Halloween when I can force everyone into participating in my interests. Selfish? Yeah. But it's one of the few times I push what I want to do. I usually try to make everyone else happy and never consider my own wants first (I fail a lot, but at least I try). 

Also, no qualms about them grabbing my ass or my tits. Like, zero.


Tonight is about doing what I want. I feel a little bad about my selfishness, a bit worse about NOT feeling worse, and mostly happy that I'm going to watch bad movies with friends. Anyone else ever get that?


No comments:

Post a Comment