Thursday, June 12, 2014

Five Unexpected Pleasures

     Five things I never thought I'd enjoy. Pleasant surprises for all!


5. Mushrooms
     The fungus among us. Yummy, yummy fungus. Aside from bacon, the only pizza topping I like.
That includes you, you lousy excuse for a pepper and lousier for a banana.

It probably started with Portabellos, as many good things do. It's a plant that tastes like steak! :D What's not to love?!

4. Bob's Burgers
     No, not an actual burger. The surprisingly good cartoon. It has a money-wild kid played by Cheryl Wazzername. That's good enough for me. But the dad is also Archer. C'mon!
And don't get me started on the awesome awkwardness that is Tina.

And Gene! GEEEEENNNNEE!

    So in short, much better than it looks.


3. Shrek the Musical
     When I first heard Shrek was going to be a musical, I was dumbfounded. "This is gonna suck! There's no way this can be any good!"

I was wrong.



     In fact, Bahamute and I are currently in a production of the show (Lord Farquuad and Dragon respectively. I get to kill him!).  Buy the soundtrack. BUY IT.

2. Ticket to Ride
    Monopoly meets trains. It sounds like the worst thing ever. But this board game is fast paced and fun. I turned into an evil railroad baron in about five minutes. Plus there's several different versions. America, Europe, Asia: see the world!
More fun than it looks. I promise!


1. Writing this blog
     At the start, I thought this would be an occasional pleasure. But doing one every weekday (minus holidays and such) has really been fun. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment