Monday, June 9, 2014

Some Strange Things Been Happenin' to Me

(With apologies to Randy Newman)

     I don't know if it's the heat or something in the water, but both I and my husband have been having...odd nights lately. Get your heads out of the gutter, it's not a sex thing. No am I pregnant.


I typed 'Not Sexy' into Google and this came up.

     For the past two mornings (as of this writing) my husband has been talking in his sleep. It's not wholly unexpected: when we were dating he'd sometimes fall asleep on the phone and it'd take me a while to catch on. It'd go something like this:

Me: So I  blach blah blah blah...
Him: (Weird little voice) ...Yeah?
Me: Honey, are you asleep?
Him: (Still in the voice) ...Yeah.
Me: Okay, go to bed sweetie.
Him: 'Kay.
Me: I love you, okay?
Him: ...Luff you...

     And the next day he'd call and ask when we had a ten minute conversation he didn't remember. This  went away once he moved in.

Or so I thought.



Two mornings ago he sits up in bed (I was getting out for work) and says "You know it was a dragon!"
"What?"
"A dragon!"
"What dragon?"
"....I think I may be getting dreams confused with awake."
"Yeah, me too."
And he fell back asleep.

This morning it was:
"A different kind of bug!"
I woke up. "Whaa?"
"Like a VA bug! (I assume he meant VW Bug)."
"Honey, what are you talking about?"
But he was already back asleep.

     It didn't help that after that I started having auditory hallucinations and waking dreams. Dreams that someone rang the phone (that may have been real) and he said my name (not real, since he was next to me in bed). Dreams of getting up and getting ready for work, several times over. There were others, but I've already forgotten them.

     Not sure if it was something we ate or what, but if anything new happens before this gets posted, I'll edit it. I'm not scared or anything, just a bit weird ed out.

UPDATE

I was having a silent migraine. No idea what his issue was.

No comments:

Post a Comment