Monday, July 21, 2014

Food Journal

Well, I've recently had a doctor's appointment, and SURPRISE, like almost everyone, I'm not happy with my weight.

I don't have the willpower for diets and such, so I've begun keeping a food journal. The principle is simple: by keeping and reviewing a log of what you eat, it will lead to better eating habits. I've added calorie counts to mine, as calorie counting seems to be the only way I've ever successfully lost weight in the past.

Then again, there are other methods...


Not. Okay. Not healthy, not a diet. This is basically starving yourself which is a terrible idea.

I'm trying little things. Fat-free pudding. Unsweetened apple sauce. Lots and Lots of water. Little changes that over time will help. I've got too much of a sweet tooth to cut sweets entirely, but at least I can cut down on them. Like a simple Hershey Bar (110) instead of pretty much every other candy I looked at in the store (240+). I didn't buy the chocolate bar, btw.

Snacks like string cheese. Desserts like a cup of sweet cereal and milk. These have got to be better than shoving cookies and chips in my face.

I'm not asking for accolades, or encouragement, or even low-cal dressing. I just want to know how many little changes I can make, and how long they'll take to add up to big ones.

I'm open to suggestions.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to drink some tasty water now that I've eaten a filling, fruity, fat-free (pudding) lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment