Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Those days

You know those days where all you want to do is curl up in a ball and sleep forever? Those days when the only thing that gets you out of bed is your zombie-like repetition of your morning routine? Those days with a cool summer sky and a long weekend of weddings and obligations coming up?

Yeah. You do.

So here I sit, stomach fluttering unpleasantly, drinking water and contemplating the five and a half hours until I go home for the day. I may have to walk home. Less than thirty minutes. I need the exercise. Maybe I'll feel better later if I eat lunch.

Got to eat lunch. One of my bosses will probably be here, eating it with me, talking about her Food Addicts Annon diet while I eat french bread pizza and unsweetened applesauce.

Ugh. I don't feel like eating. I barely feel like drinking water, but I'll do it.

Woke up to an unexplained scratch on my forehead. Could be the cat. Could have been my nails. Doesn't matter, it only hurts a little.

Another sip. Another wriggle, trying to get my bent spine to straighten. Another Five and A Half hours.

I can do it. But it's gonna be a chore.

Maybe today I'll go home, lay down, and watch some Law and Order. I'm almost done with season one. That's something.

Ugh.

Those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment