Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Five Personal Paranormal Experiences

I'm no stranger to weird happenings.  These are five of the weirdest. Make of them what you will.

5. Footsteps/Voices, Pixley Funeral Home

My former job was that of a funeral home office manager. One of the two locations I worked was the Pixley Funeral Home. Most days I was by myself for 6 hours. And on these days I would hear an almost-constant murmur of voices from downstairs, and phantom footsteps rushing up and down.

But with sneakers.

I checked downstairs many times, but 90% of the time there was nothing. Occasionally there was a delivery guy, so I know it wasn't just my imagination. I always got the sense that when I was tricked downstairs after hearing a shout something was enjoying a joke.

Whatever. As long as they didn't bother my upstairs, I didn't mind. Now I work at an animal hospital, so farewell voices and thumps of Pixley.

4. Face, Friend's Cabin

A friend of mine (who will recognize himself from this story, IF he reads this rag) has a cabin in the woods.

Try again.

My first time at the cabin I was with several friends, some of who had little kids. We piled out of the cars and vans long after dark, the small cabin the only thing dotting the slight hill. As people unpacked I edged closer, wanting to get some light.

Under a tiny flight of stairs was a face.

But with pupils.

My first thought wasn't 'ghost' it was 'Oh, one of the kids got under the stairs.'

But the kids were still in their car seats. And the face was glowing. And there was NO light.

"H-hello?" I stammered.

The face vanished, and I heard a small pop. I raced over, but there was nothing under the stairs for any light to reflect off, no kid running away, nothing.

The rest of the stay was incident-free.



3. Future dreams (lifelong)

All my life I've had dreams that show the future. Oh, it's never anything like lotto numbers or a Challenger explosion, but little things like places I've never been, or information I'd have no way of knowing. More a bit of trivia than a degree in something.

My earliest memory of this was as a child driving somewhere I'd never been before with my parents and insisting I'd been there. They denied it over and over until I said "Yes I have! See, there's the man with the balloons!"

No, not him.


We then drove by a random guy with balloons. My parents didn't ask me about it again. It wasn't until years later I realized what had actually happened. I still get snippets of conversations, and I've avoided biting my tongue or spraining my ankle more times than I can count. Small, but useful talent!

2. Ghost Animals

At least, I think that's what it was. Many's the time I felt a dog or cat crawl into my waterbed (when I had no such pets, due to them dying), making the bed ripple and rock. If it's not the ghost of Haylee that was getting into my bed, I DON'T want to know what it was...



1. The Bruise

Rather than re-type this story, please enjoy my *cough* cinematic rendition of my weirdest paranormal encounter.


No comments:

Post a Comment