Friday, March 3, 2017

The IT spot: Uno, Dos

So, filming is about to begin for part 2 of IT. It's also been confirmed that the story will progress in a linear fashion, like the 1990s mini-series, since the director is afraid audiences would be confused.
"Me too stupid to understand flashbacks!"

I'm not happy about the decision, but I can understand it. It's obvious the kids live to adulthood, so there's no surprise element lost there, but the juxtaposition of events in the past and present is part of the brilliance of the novel.

I admit it; I'm biased. IT is my favorite book. I still have my original copy, sans the cover (repeated reading wore it off). I'm possessive of it.

It's almost impossible that the interpretation could be worse than the 1990's miniseries. It wasn't a great series, but the acting was good from the kids, John Ritter, and of course...
"Wah-HA! Wah-HA! Wah-HA"

I'm no fan of the new costume, but I can't judge the new Pennywise until at least a trailer drops. I'll hold onto my cautious optimism for now.








No comments:

Post a Comment