Monday, May 6, 2013

Comic Con: Sex it up?

I'm going to The Motor City Comic Con in a few weeks, and I have a dilemma. I have a stock costume from last Halloween that I'm planning on wearing: A Female Dr. Horrible with her Horrible Gender Bender Ray (a re-purposed Zurg ray gun). I got a few compliments last year and people got the idea.

My problem is this: most of the time if women are dressed up at Comic Con, they are sexy. Low cut tops, high boots, fishnets, the whole McGilla. My costume is in NO WAY sexy. A lab coat (ok, a modded chef's coat), rubber rain boots, welders goggles, etc. In my brain, M to F Doc Horrible is VERY uncomfortable in her new body. See for yourself:

So, do I go to Con in-character, not sexy (or at least, not low-cut overtly sexy), or try to sex it up so I don't feel bad after seeing the zillion hot girl in a bad Harley Quinn costume?

2 comments:

  1. If you want to be sexy do it because you want to not because everyone else is doing it. Personally I think the genderbent Dr Horrible (and the rationale behind it) is awesome!

    ReplyDelete