Thursday, May 9, 2013

What do you do, when the you is I?

I just got a two hour "Reasons I suck speech" from my boss. Second day in a row. And I know what you're thinking: you're blogging at work, clearly you DO suck. I don't blame you for assuming that.

I spend 50% of my day on hold. So, when I blog it's not taking time away from work: hell, I never go on breaks because of my hold time! So, no, that is not why I suck.

I suck because the file clerk I hired isn't a good telemarketer. She's an excellent file clerk and made my job easier to do by 1000%, but that's a luxury we can't afford. So that's my fault.

I suck because I'm getting married next year, I went on an approved three day vacation, and can't remember offhand the details of every one of our 350+ files when I am asked. Because I'm thinking about the marriage. Clearly.

I suck because I 'Only have two friends, and I hired them both to work here.'

I suck because I haven't been in this business for fifteen years, so I don't understand the nuances of finance like my boss does.

I suck because when the previous manager died of a heart attack I couldn't do everything she could. Still can't.

What do you do with a B.A. in English, assorted positions at prestigious restaurants, and a year's experience at a law firm? Please tell me. I need to get out of here. I'm in a bad place right now. A very bad place.


No comments:

Post a Comment