Friday, January 23, 2015

More or Less okay

Last night I was so upset about my ongoing stress dreams, I was afraid to go to sleep. They aren't scary dreams. I just didn't want another night of restless tossing and turning interspersed with unspecific fears. I stayed up til 1am before admitting this to my husband (I'm usually out by midnight at the latest).

So, he suggested not going to bed yet. Maybe watching another episode of Friends. I instead opted for the hilarious psuedo-horror movie Leprechaun.

A few minutes in I was smiling and riffing. Hubby doesn't care for horror movies, but he interjected a few things here and there. By the end of the movie I was relaxed enough to go to bed.

I slept unbroken until nine. Between nine and ten I tried going back to sleep, only to suffer from a dream-within-a-dream that was less horrific upon really waking. I feel okay.

Maybe I just needed something different to snap out of the pattern. Tonight will determine that. Maybe I'll watch Nightmare on Elm Street 2 before bed, or a comedian, or something equally strange.

I know my Friday bogs are usually little fluffy bits of nothing. I'll probably go back to that next week. I don't know if writing all this down is helpful, but it doesn't seem to hurt. That's a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment