Thursday, April 6, 2017

ZIIIIIIIM!

Invader Zim is returning with a new TV movie!


 Now, if you weren't a kid/teen/adult who watched Nickelodeon in the early two thousands, let me explain; Invader Zim was a short-lived, but very popular show about an alien named Zim trying to take over earth for his overlords. This is complicated by a neighbor boy Dib, who knows what Zim is, but can't get anyone to believe him due to his constant Mulder-esq spouting of conspiracy theories. Also, by GIR, Zim's insane robot assistant. Also, Zim is a bit of an idiot.


Like many of my pop-culture obsessions, I happened across Invader Zim long after it was popular/cancelled. I didn't have cable when it was on (still don't) but thanks to Netflix, DVD, and piracy, I too can enjoy the adventures of Evil Alpha 5/AKA Daggett Beaver/AKA Orthopox 13.

He's a cool dude.

 I love that studios are starting to bring back things we love, realizing there IS a market and we will watch them. Sure, that means you get a few Fuller Houses in the bunch, but I'll take it for more Invader Zim.

Also, because I can't resist, have some memorable show moments/memes:









No comments:

Post a Comment